After long time of programming and testing, here is finally a HTML5 edition of my very popular Pick Up Sticks flash game.
Why so long time I needed to release this pretty simple game?
In the first order it is because this game is programmed in HTML5 and I wanted to optimized it to be playable on the desktop but also on mobile devices like iPhone (iOS) and other smartphones (Android) in the same time. The second reason is my wish to make a game with a completely polished game flow from the splash and menu screens to the gameplay screen.
In order to try monetizing a HTML5 game somehow, I also added several mobile ads which should be displayed on the splash and menu screens but only if you play this game on your mobile device. Otherwise, when you play this game on your desktop, there should be displayed banners with links to my own homepage instead of showing mobile ads.
Let’s see the game screenshots now!
1. Splash screen with a loading bar and an interstitial ad (size of 300 x 250):
2. Title screen with a main menu and a banner ad (size of 320 x 50):
3. Highscore screen with scores loaded from the Scoreoid service:
4. Gameplay screen with scoreboard and quit button to back to the main menu:
5. Screen with a form to enter player’s name and submit score to the Scoreoid service:
The game is made by the Construct2 programming tool. As I said before, it is playable on the desktop and mobile devices (successfully tested specially on iPhone4) in the same time through this link: